• Resolved Keilya

(@fantasycrusader)

Hello!

First of all, thanks for all the hard work into 2.5. It looks great!

I’m trying to implement Gravatars on my blog and this is snippet I’ve inserted into comments.php according to http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Gravatars

<?php
    echo get_avatar( $email, $size = ’80’, $default = ” );
    ?>

The problem is, the default “no gravatar” avatar (eg. http://akichigo.org/?p=1540#comment-232409) keeps showing up despite me having the email address assigned with an avatar. I’ve tried this with 3 email addresses I have and the outcome is still a boo boo.

I’ve double checked with the gravatar side. Everything’s working fine on that end. Having my gravatar showing up alongside this post is proof.

So, is my snippet wrong? Or where did I go wrong? @.@

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • da3rx

(@da3rx)

<?php echo get_avatar( $comment, $size = '80' ); ?>

Thread Starter Keilya

(@fantasycrusader)

OHMYGOSH! It works! THANK YOU!! ^__^

jeff1701

(@jeff1701)

Yes, it works! Thanks!

alexleonard

(@alexleonard)

Codex has been updated with this information.

micasuh

(@micasuh)

Is there a specific place inside the comments.php that this tag needs to reside? When I randomly stick the tag in there, I do not see any avatar. Not only that, but how does this tag know to reference gravatar.com? Is that built into WordPress’ code? Thanks!

micasuh

(@micasuh)

It seems the answers to my questions have appeared to me already. The gravatars have finally showed up, so I’m guessing WordPress does in fact link to gravatar.com’s website to reference the avatar.

As for code placement, I still have no idea if there’s a correct or non correct place to put it, but I tried to put it near the php code which states the commenter user id. After doing that, it appears to be working.

Nicki Faulk

(@nitallica)

Thank you, da3rX. That was exactly what I was looking for! 🙂

BioTecK

(@bioteck)

Greaat!! Had the same problem and now it’s solved!!
    Thnx da3rX!

also <div class="author"> <?php echo get_avatar( $comment, 32 ); ?>

work fine.

<div class=”author”> <?php echo get_avatar( $comment, 32 ); ?>

work fie also.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘2.5 Gravatar Help: Image doesn’t show.’ is closed to new replies.