WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.5 bugs and design problems (15 posts)

1. colombo79
    Posted 6 years ago #

Since I've been continuously bumping into bugs and clearly bad design options in 2.5, instead of creating a new topic each time I bump into something I'll just post here.

BUG:
    As stated here the "view site" button jumps into the wrong place if you don't have a blog title. How could anyone have missed this?

2. colombo79
    Posted 6 years ago #

BUG:
    After uploading images into media uploader's gallery, you have to re-enter image settings like size and link, even if you changed and saved it during upload process.

3. colombo79
    Posted 6 years ago #

BUG:
    You have to constantly save changes while editing a new post if you want to preview it, otherwise it won't (usually?) display those changes.

4. colombo79
    Posted 6 years ago #

DESIGN:
    As stated here WP will limit your maximum image width no matter how huge your theme is and there's no way to change that max width except by re-coding.

Should be a dashboard setting.

5. hitthosekeys
    Posted 6 years ago #

v. 2.5 and IE 7:
    Is there a php config problem that causes some WP sites not to display (browser says "this page cannot be displayed")?

I can't get my site to load on IE7, even with Kubrick as the default.

6. Roy
    Posted 6 years ago #

Like I described in other threads, I have major problems with the widget screen. It's simply impossible to work with...!

7. colombo79
    Posted 6 years ago #

DESIGN:

How is it possible that WP2.5 doesn't include a font size button by default?

haochi
    Posted 5 days ago #

Wow, I didn't even notice there's no button for font size in the editor, oh well, you will just have to do it the old school way.

<span style="font-size:10pt">YOUR TEXT HERE</span>

Of course, you can also edit the default configuration of the editor. Open /wp-includes/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_config.php with a text editor, find $mce_buttons and add fontsizeselect into the array.

$mce_buttons = apply_filters('mce_buttons', array('bold', 'italic', 'strikethrough', 'fontsizeselect', '|', 'bullist', 'numlist', 'blockquote', '|', 'justifyleft', 'justifycenter', 'justifyright', '|', 'link', 'unlink', 'image', 'wp_more', '|', 'spellchecker', 'fullscreen', 'wp_adv' ));

(the above code placed the font size selector after the strike through button)

There's a list of buttons you can add to the editor, and you can find the list on TinyMCE's website.

8. Matt Hill
    Posted 6 years ago #

I disagree that you need a font-size button in the editor. That kind of styling should be done in your theme stylesheet and you should then asisgn classes to your span. A well designed theme should have everything you need in it's style sheet: if it doesn't, add it in there.

9. colombo79
    Posted 6 years ago #

I see your point but you speak as a webdesigner. If there are a bunch of buttons in the editor by default why not include the precious font size for all of us common mortals and only then let the more advanced user decide? ;)

10. Matt Hill
    Posted 6 years ago #

I was simply offering advice. Inline font-sizing is a presentational aspect and belongs in the stylesheet, not the HTML. In this case, you'd create a few classes in your stylesheet for different font sizes, and apply those classes to the span instead of the font-size. Anyway, sorry to derail your topic.

All this stuff is moot anyway: Anyone who can actually do anything about this doesn't read this forum anyway, according to Otto42. Apparently we should all be contributing our feedback elsewhere.

11. colombo79
    Posted 6 years ago #

wow that was precisely my concern when i started the topic but simply thought it would be stupid to have created a "Requests and Feedback" category and don't check it... anyway thanks for the heads up.

12. Matt Hill
    Posted 6 years ago #

Heh, indeed, kinda silly to have a Feedback forum that no-one but the users read, isn't it? My incredulous response is here.

13. colombo79
    Posted 6 years ago #

kind of non sense..

btw i understand your approach to font sizing but being a mofo lazy blogger i'd really prefer to use a button instead of custom coding every time i want to change font size in a post... having said that i did what haochi suggested with no effect.. any hint?

14. Matt Hill
    Posted 6 years ago #

I'm afraid I haven't investigated that side of the editor. If I find a solution, I'll let you know.

15. Patchy
    Posted 6 years ago #

Ok, I went to the TinyMCE's website, and I couldn't find a list of buttons to add?? Do you have a direct link to that list? BTW, I did what columbo79 suggested on adding fontsizeselector and it worked. Now, I want to add other buttons, but am having no luck on finding them??
    Patch

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic