• I just started up a new blog with 2.5 and I’ve never seen a bigger train wreck.

Under the older version, one could see one’s widgets, move them back and forth between columns to make sure things were right, etc. etc. Now? You see one column at a time, not both, and there seems to be no way to easily go back and forth between columns other than copy, delete, create new one, paste.

What’s weirder is they vanish. As I try out some templates and moved between a 2 and 3 column setup, widgets vanished. There was no “pool” from the bottom of the screen, as it used to be, to pull the already-formatted widgets (as in, for instance, text) from.

Other problems exist, but this one seems to be absolutely the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Of course, it could be me that’s dumb, and that possibility is always open. I’d appreciate any help or direction on this, but I’m about at the end of my rope. I just hope I never have to upgrade my other blogs to 2.5.

MojoStreet

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Don’t know if it helps (but it took me some time to figure out):
    >add the text widget
    >click on SAVE
    >open and enter text
    >click on CHANGE
    >click on SAVE
    Miss ANY of those steps and you lose the widget entirely!

I completely dislike you can’t remove a widget (but save it) or move it easily to the 2nd sidebar. I cannot cut or paste in WordPress (I have to switch to Firefox in order to select text) and I have to use notepad to hold text for me that I want to cut and paste. Don’t know why that is but it’s always been that way. I think that WordPress isn’t great with IE 7.

Widgets were better before the ‘fix’

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘2.5 and Widgets — A Sad, Sad Situation’ is closed to new replies.