WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security)
24128 bad login entries in one day - strange, right? (4 posts)

1. lexjazz
    Posted 1 year ago #

hi all,
    well, i keep getting messages from wpbs that there have been user lockouts since i have set the limit of bad ligins to 3.
    now i check the plugin surface and get the msg.:"your database contains 24128 bad login entries".
    I also get the msg that ".htaccess" and "wp-config.php" have been changed. I am not sure if i understand these posts since i am comletely new to blogging and wordpress. is my site under attack from a hacker or from a software?
    furthermore, if i want to hide the backend options, i am advised that i have to turn on the permalinks. well, they are turned on i shall say.
    so, for me the layman, what is there to do?
    i have activated most of the wp suggestions on th edashboard, there are no statements in red anymore. any suggestions, please? thanks, lexjazz

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/better-wp-security/

2. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

Many hosts are currently experiencing problems due to mass attacks. Yours may be one of them. Try contacting them to se if they have made the changes to your .htaccess and/or wp-login.php files.

3. chetan0412
    Posted 1 year ago #

same here, every day m getting min 20 to 30 loging trial with name of admin, manager, support, technical etc...

still m not understanding what getting hacker after hacking site??????

4. WPyogi
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic