WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Jetpack by WordPress.com
[resolved] 2.4 broke the display of pictures on my site (9 posts)

1. folgerj
    Posted 11 months ago #

I opened up my blog page this morning and had all my images showing at full size. under the text. I deactivated Jet pack and back to normal.

I have Photocrati as a theme and it has a lightbox built in and I'm not sure why but in this theme (not my others.. which are running normal wordpress themes)

I assume you'll get with the Photocrati folks to figure out where the crossed wire is.

Jeff

http://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/

2. dadaas
    Posted 11 months ago #

yea, this version is corrupt i guess, Disable photon and your website will be same as before. And wait until they fix the issue.

3. folgerj
    Posted 11 months ago #

Yup that was the offender.. Thanks, Once I deactivated that item it works again.

4. designsimply
    Plugin Contributor

Posted 10 months ago #

If you upgrade to 2.4.2 and re-enable Photon, is the problem fixed?

5. folgerj
    Posted 10 months ago #

Yes it is fixed... Thank you JetPack for a great product!

6. dadaas
    Posted 9 months ago #

Yes it is fixed. But this Photon is still in beta if you ask me. Sometimes he grabs pictures sometimes not. So you cant really be sure what will he do...

7. designsimply
    Plugin Contributor

Posted 9 months ago #

To be fair, it also depends on how fast the original images are :) your server has to serve images in at least 10s or Photon will skip them. If they're taking longer than 10s to load, then the originals are either way too big or the server is too slow.

8. dadaas
    Posted 9 months ago #

Yea i have read about 10s rules. But like i write, sometimes he will grab and sometimes he will not. Same image size, same image type on same website. Some of them he likes, some of them he don't. So there must be some other rules he have.

And it is not problem if he skips the images, that is perfectly fine, but what he do is not to skip them, he grabs them and then don't display them. Making a post look ugly and with missing image. That is the problem.

9. Jeremy Herve
    Happiness Engineer
    Plugin Author

Posted 9 months ago #

@dadaas Could you give us a few examples of the images that are broken when you activate Photon?

If you want your site URL to remain private, you can also contact us via this contact form:
    http://jetpack.me/contact-support/

You must log in to post.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.