• Resolved wobaker

(@wobaker)

I just attempted a 2.3.3 to 2.5 upgrade. I deleted all the old WP files, and unzipped 2.5 into the clean directory. Put wp-config.php back, and then on running http://example.com/wp-admin/upgrade.php, I saw nothing on the screen. The blog’s front page looked fine.

Subsequent attempts to reach the blog’s admin page were redirected to the upgrade.php script, with the same unsatisfactory results.

Yes, plugins were all off. Yes, I’d switched to the default theme.
    I’ve rolled back to 2.3.3, pending some sage advice on how to overcome this.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Congrats on having a backup!!!

My first guess was you didn’t get a clean set of files uploaded for 2.5 but I see you said you ‘unzipped 2.5’ making me think you would have good chance of getting a good set of 2.5 files extracted. If you uploaded the files via FTP there would be more a chance of corrupt files.

Might download a new 2.5 zip, then reupload that to your host for unzipping.

Any chance you are using any caching plugin?

You might try logging out, clearing your browser cache, then following the steps you did before.

Also might use phpMyAdmin and repair all your MySQL tables before starting (just covering all aspects).

Wish I had more…

Thread Starter wobaker

(@wobaker)

MichaelH, that backup has been used and reused. I’d hoped never to use it, but it’s been a lifesaver. I tried your suggestions, with the same results. But from my http error logs, I see:

[Sun Mar 30 10:55:36 2008] [error] [client XX.XX.XX.XX] mod_rewrite: maximum number of internal redirects reached. Assuming configuration error. Use 'RewriteOptions MaxRedirects' to increase the limit if neccessary.

That’s from my mySQL server; it’s followed by:

[Sun Mar 30 10:58:10 2008] [error] [client XX.XX.XX.XX] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 233472 bytes) in /wp-admin/includes/schema.php on line 111

Thanks!

Thread Starter wobaker

(@wobaker)

OK, I’ve used phpMyAdmin to optimize very table, I’ve kicked up RewriteOptions MaxRedirects to a hugely high number.

No complaints from the mySQL server after this, but the second error persists, and I am still without an admin menu.

Backup restored, and I’m rolling back with 2.3.3.

Thread Starter wobaker

(@wobaker)

My problem was memory_limit in php.ini. Setting that to 16MB, or better yet, having my webhost set it to 16MB, solved my problem.

Now proudly running WordPress 2.5!
    -k-

dspedersen

(@dspedersen)

Hi Wobaker,

which file do you need to get hold of, in order to change that limit? I’m having the same problem; however, I didn’t revert the theme to the default – hope that hasn’t messed up anything?

The front end looks fine but the admin page (Dashboard) is unreachable.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2.3.3 -> 2.5 upgrade.php’ is closed to new replies.