WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.3.2 won't import all Blogger posts (4 posts)

1. paulrus
    Posted 6 years ago #

I'm trying to import an old Blogger.com blog into WP 2.3.2 and when it tries to import, it brings in between 6 and 8 posts out of about 850. There's nothing special about the Blogger blog - just text and images.

It was hosted on my own server, so I tried moving it over to Blogspot and that didn't help either.

Is there any way to get past this issue? I really don't feel like copying and pasting 850 articles!

2. paulrus
    Posted 6 years ago #

Just an update. If I try to import them from a self-hosted Blogger Blog, I get the error

There was a problem opening a connection to Blogger. This is what went wrong:

Connection timed out (110)

So at this point the Blogger import feature is totally unusable and worthless. Can I get a response?

3. paulrus
    Posted 6 years ago #

I have tried everything I could find - searched everywhere and cannot find the answer to this problem.

WordPress will not import more than 8 out of 850 posts. It just stops. If I try to re-import, it tells me I've already imported this blog.

I think I'm hosed.

4. dogwoodgirl
    Posted 5 years ago #

Paul, i am trying to do the same thing, I think. I have a custom domain on blogger. I want to transfer it to a self-hosted wordpress. I cannot find any information on how to go about doing it. Did you figure this out? At this point, i am scared to try it.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic