• When I use the insert link button on the visual editor, the only thing that appears is a blank box with no information. I cannot even close the box by clicking the “x” in the upper right hand corner. The box follows my mouse around, until I am forced to ultimately close or reload the page.

From what I can gather looking at other support topics in this forum, the problem has something to do with the Tiny MCE javascript.

I was having this problem in both Firefox (2.0.0.11) and Safari (3.0.4) both on a mac.

re-uploading the Tiny MCE folder, as suggested in this topic:
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/104799?replies=4
    fixed the problem on Safari; but the problem is still persisting in Firefox.

I also tried clearing my cache after re-uploading Tin MCE, but no dice.

Any ideas?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I was having the same problem since the recent security upgrade to 2.3.2 and fixed it by doing the following:

– I replaced the tinyMCE file folder as suggested

– I was using the ImageManager plugin, as well as some other media plugins (viper video quicktag) so I deactivated each and then reactived them, and went into the options for each of those and reset (updated) them

Ta-da!

Thread Starter jacobreed

(@jacobreed)

Unfortunately, that did not fix anything for me in Firefox.

Any other suggestions?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘2.3.1 Visual Editor insert link java problem’ is closed to new replies.