WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Testimonials by Aihrus
[resolved] 2.3.0 No longer using HTML styles from testimonial. (9 posts)

1. ihassard
    Posted 1 year ago #

Recently updated to v2.3.0
    Testimonials used to maintain Bold and Quotes from HTML specified in the testimonial. Now it reads as plain text. Is there a setting I need to enable, or should i revert to a previous version?

WP in question: drhassard.com

WP Before Update: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tFFoJINuOyAJ:drhassard.com/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/testimonials-widget/

2. Michael Cannon
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

ihassard,

Looks like you've moved from a pre-2.0 version of Testimonials Widget to 2.3.0. In the 2.0 transition, the HTML was simplified.

If you add , .testimonialswidget_testimonial q to line 339 of your theme's style.css file you should be fine.

Michael

3. ihassard
    Posted 1 year ago #

Michael,

I tried that fix but it did not fix the issue. I followed your instructions quite literally. Not very familiar with style sheets.

blockquote, blockquote blockquote blockquote { .testimonialswidget_testimonial q;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0 0 0 35px;
    font-size: 1.333333333333333em; /* 16 / 12 = 1.333333333333333 */
    font-family: 'Abel', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    color: #aaa;
    background: url(images/quote.png) no-repeat 0 4px;
    }

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Best,
    Ian

4. Michael Cannon
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Ian,

Make blockquote, blockquote blockquote blockquote { .testimonialswidget_testimonial q; look like blockquote, blockquote blockquote blockquote, .testimonialswidget_testimonial q {.

Michael

5. claudio_artisan
    Posted 1 year ago #

I haven't tried the fix you suggested, but I'm having the same problem and it's definitely not because I was using a pre-2.0 version. My first installation of this plugin was 2.2.9 and I could put html tags in the body of the testimonial. Ever since you worked on the "Read more" link, I can't do this anymore. Could the two be connected? Do I need the premium version?

6. ihassard
    Posted 1 year ago #

Michael,

Woke up this morning and modified the style.css file as you suggested. Worked like a charm. Thank you!

Best,
    Ian

7. Michael Cannon
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

@claudio_artisan Are you still having trouble?

At this point, the premium version only includes caching and read more linking.

8. claudio_artisan
    Posted 1 year ago #

Yes, I haven't tried anything else until I heard from you. I just started using this probably a day or so before you upgraded the code for the "Read more" feature. Before that my embedded links, bold text, and shortcodes would display. Now short codes are ignored as well as no links or other html markups.

9. Michael Cannon
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Got url? Are you sure the Testimonials Widget plugin is installed?

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.