Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thread Starter jtclicker

(@jtclicker)

anyone any ideas? can’t solve this. changing themes doesn’t work, and I really don’t want to go back to the old version of WP

jt

Check your .htaccess file for permalinks. I note that the individual post few isn’t working either which would point to this problem.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks

Good luck!

Thread Starter jtclicker

(@jtclicker)

aghhhh, ok, I’ve gone through the link you posted and updated the permalink structure, but still have the problem. Is there a tutorial somewhere which would indicate how the htaccess file is interfering with the page call? would going back to 2.2 solve the problem?? Thanks for thepointer!

There’s no need to go back to 2.2

I don’t know of any tutorial. However. In you dashboard go to Options -> Permalinks

At the bottom of the page will be the text you need to put in the .htaccess file.

Copy it.

Edit your .htaccess using your favourite method (notepad etc) and ensure that the text in there matches what you copied from the options page.

If still no luck, then as a temporary measure try switching to “default” in the Options – Permalinks page and see what happens.

Thread Starter jtclicker

(@jtclicker)

Thanks Cornell, yeah I’ve done all that and still no joy. Actually the best result comes from Date and Namebased, default makes it worse. I’ve set the permssions on .htaccess to be server writable so I’m not updating the file manually

Thread Starter jtclicker

(@jtclicker)

and as an added problem, contents of the posts are not showing up in the feed either, although the post titles are. anyone know what could have happened with the upgrade to cause this mayhem,????

Thread Starter jtclicker

(@jtclicker)

i’m not sure it is htaccess as a change to a sandbox theme solves the problem

Thread Starter jtclicker

(@jtclicker)

resolved. it was a problem with the WPtags 4 MetaKeywords plugin

Hello!

I wrote the WPtags 4 MetaKeywords plugin and have fixed this bug with the help of some fellow bloggers.

You can download the new version here.

Sorry for this inconvenience 🙁

Jan

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘2.3 unreadable pages’ is closed to new replies.