Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Thread Starter Clifton Griffin

(@clifgriffin)

Anyone have any ideas??

Easiest way to tell is to temporarily switch to the default theme and see if the comments still appear messed up. If they are ok, it’s a theme issue.

I’m having the same issue on my blog: http://rk.md

Maybe this is a glitch in the comments loop? I never manually converted my previous comments template to 2.7… I just employed the comments_list template tag inherent to the RevolutionTwo theme.

Thread Starter Clifton Griffin

(@clifgriffin)

I switched to the default theme….the comments are still out of order.

Any other ideas?

Same probleme here…it is not a theme related issue.
    BTW, everything works fine when I deactivated threaded comments in WP options.
    Help:)

(@clifgriffin)

Is it possible this is a WP bug?

It’s difficult to troubleshoot when I’m relying solely on WP functions. WP functions that seem to work until a certain number of comments.

Exacly…everything works fine with posts that have just a few comments.

Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ Advisor and Activist

clifgriffin … I don’t see any problems with your page. The comments that are ‘out of order’ seem to be reply to other comments which is how that’s supposed to work.

Comment 1 - Day 1
      Comment 5 - Day 2 (reply to Comment 1)
      Comment 7 - Day 4 (reply to Comment 1)
    Comment 2 - Day 1
    Comment 3 - Day 2
      Comment 6 - Day 3 (reply to Comment 3)
        Comment 8 - Day 10 (reply to comment 6)
    Comment 4 - Day 2

Those are ‘in’ order. If you turn off threaded comments, they zip back to the straight line order.

Ipsteanu – please check this page When I post not as a reply, as a “new comment”, it appears in the middle of the page, not in the bottom like it should.

(@clifgriffin)

Ipstenu, look again…towards the bottom it gets out of order. The nested comments are fine. It’s the 0 level comments that get messed up. See Bramus!’s comment. It is immediately after a Dec 23rd comment and immediately followed by a December 2nd comment.

It makes no sense.

(@clifgriffin)

I should note that when I view this in the admin interface, the comments are in order.

So strange!

(@ipstenu)

My post was eaten … I was trying to ask if this happens on every post or just after a certain number of comments. This is something I’d open a trac ticket about if it’s repeatable on multiple posts.

In my case, it only happened with one post with more than 270-280 comments.

(@ipstenu)

ghalexweb, do you have other posts with that number of comments?

(@clifgriffin)

My post has 20 – 30 posts which is the most I have currently so I have nothing great to compare to.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘Comments are out of order??’ is closed to new replies.