• how does this compare to other multisite deployments
    it’s constantly growing ( adding about a 1000 sites a year & its only 2 years old )

Also is this many tables what a you would consider “a lot”. What concerns should I have and what should I be on the lookout for?

We are planning on upgrading to 3.5.2 from 3.3.1 and I am looking for any plugins or tips that would help improve performance, security, maintenance and management.

Also any pointers on how to upgrade smoothly without affecting too many users would be appreciated.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Way behind you. 200 sites, 2000 tables, 500 users.

Our installation is rather standard. Have you done any performance or scalability enhancements? For example, multiple databases. The only plugin we use for performance is WP Super Cache.

Upgrades have been smooth. We have never had a problem with upgrading. We run upgrade a test WP system first, then test the system prior to upgrading our production system. I just back everything up and follow the standard WP upgrading process.

Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Advisor and Activist

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘2,265 sites, 21,377 plus tables on one database instance, 3,288 users…’ is closed to new replies.