Upgraded (I think) from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 last night, from the command line (server has no video), but Dashboard says it's still at 2.1.1.
- backed up database & wordpress folder
- downloaded: wget http://wordpress.org/latest.zip
- unzipped this: it became wordpress/ -- the readme file didn't mention an exact version number
- replaced my current wordpress directory with this
- ran upgrade.php in a browser
- all seemed to go smoothly, blog behaves, but has anything changed? I wanted to see what has changed in which scripts but not sure where to look.
(2) Tried to poke around Codex to learn more and got a notice that my IP had been blocked "because you share an IP address with "(somebody I've never heard of)". Reason "spammer". The IP address Codex listed is NOT my IP address, not remotely. ? Tried to e-mail "MichaelH" (listed as contact) but it wasn't clear how to reach him.