WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.1 WYSIWYG Editor - HTNL View (10 posts)

1. Jardry
    Posted 7 years ago #

Can anyone advise how I can view the pure HTML code that is contained within the post?

The WYSIWYG Editor does not have a "HTML" button to view the raw HTML Code.

The Code view also filters the HTML Code so that you can not see ALL the code.

I have numerous posts that I need to clean up hopefully get my blog to validate, but I can't see what I need to edit out!!

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

2. ccf
    Posted 7 years ago #

See, we are opposites! I see the html fine, but there is no WYSIWYG editor on my 2.1!

3. ninjagrrl
    Posted 7 years ago #

I have no tab to switch between visual and code. I assume that the tabs are supposed to be the same as they are at wordpress.com but I don't have those options. :(

4. ninjagrrl
    Posted 7 years ago #

I got it. I had to go under Users, and then click edit beside my name and then over to my profile and check the box for use the visual editor. Hope that helps for you as well.

5. Chris_K
    Posted 7 years ago #

Users -> Your Profile.
    Top checkbox.

Sounds like ccf and ninjagrrl want to check it.
    Sounds like Jardry wants to uncheck it.

6. ccf
    Posted 7 years ago #

Thanks HandySolo, that worked.
    One thing I'd love for the next version, is having the two tabs, but being able to always open in code.
    Do I make sense?

7. 4evrblu
    Posted 7 years ago #

OK I am a tad confused...as usual. heh

I have "Use the visual editor when writing" checked, but when I compose a new post, I see no WYSIWYG editor. Is it hiding somewhere?

8. 4evrblu
    Posted 7 years ago #

I think it needs to be pointed out that the 2.1 WYSIWYG editor does not work in Safari.

Rats.

At least with 2.07 I got the display. Oh well....that is OK.

That means I will be using FFops a lot more now ;)

Or maybe even Camino or Mozilla. Because it works in those browsers as well.

9. turmeric
    Posted 7 years ago #

Ah, that clarifies it 4evrblu - I have just installed 2.1 and somehow some of the editor icons (such as list, link, image etc.) are missing from the WYSIWYG toolbar - I had to recheck whether I uploaded all of the files correctly or not. I use Firefox 2.0.0.1 and when I viewed the editor page again using IE - all of the buttons were displayed. Grrrrr.

Could somebody please fixed this? I don't want to use IE ...

Thank you!

10. stevejohnson
    Posted 7 years ago #

turmeric - clear your browser cache and reload the page.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic