• Resolved userx

(@userx)

I upgraded and all went fine but I get the following error when I try to activate Akismet:

WordPress database error: [Got error 12 from storage engine]
    SELECT COUNT(comment_ID) FROM wp_comments WHERE comment_approved = ‘spam’

I get an additional error when I disable Akismet:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/8761/domains/lofitribe.com/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:104) in /home/8761/domains/lofitribe.com/html/wp-includes/pluggable-functions.php on line 270

I also get the following error when I publish posts:

WordPress database error: [Got error 12 from storage engine]
    SELECT comment_post_ID as post_id, COUNT(comment_ID) as comment_count, comment_approved FROM wp_comments GROUP BY comment_post_ID

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/8761/domains/lofitribe.com/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:104) in /home/8761/domains/lofitribe.com/html/wp-includes/pluggable-functions.php on line 270

I’m getting errors when comments are submitted too.

I really don’t know what happened. Any ideas? Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Most likely it’s a hosting error: let them know.
    Additional info: http://wordpress.org/search/Got+error+12+from+storage+engine?forums=1

Thread Starter userx

(@userx)

Thank you moshu! I’m looking into it.

I had no problems with Akismet, after upgrading five-ish blogs today.

I uploaded the Akismet folder that comes with WP 2.0.6 — and note that one of the files has a file date of 12/6/06 whereas the earlier version was dated 10/6/06. This might be the problem?

Thread Starter userx

(@userx)

Nope. Thanks for the suggestion though DianeV. I think it’s a Media Temple thing … I’m still waiting to hear.

I wonder about this error though:

Would that be additional to the WordPress database error: [Got error 12 from storage engine], or created by it? I honestly don’t know about this stuff … I’m learning quick though.

Sorry I couldn’t solve it, userx.

Thread Starter userx

(@userx)

… just ran “Repair Tables” in phpmyadmin and Akismet is all better now.

Checking the rest …

All seems to be fine. All is clear. It was not 2.0.6. at all. I wonder what caused that?!?

Hey, stuff happens.

Now that it’s all fine, this would be a good time to do a database backup. 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘2.0.6 Problems’ is closed to new replies.