• Resolved kosta x

(@kosta-x)

Hello,

I tried to update to the latest update 2.0.59 – but this caused the installation to hang (not completely install and freeze). I had to delete the .maintenance file in my wordpress root installation folder in order to gain access to my website. On the wordpress backed, there is no longer a section for NextGen gallery (disappeared). I tried to re-install the plugin, but then i get this error:

Installing Plugin: NextGEN Gallery 2.0.59
    Downloading install package from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/nextgen-gallery.zip…

Unpacking the package…
    Installing the plugin…
    Destination folder already exists.
    Plugin install failed.

Please, help me get my site back to proper working condition as this has caused all galleries inserted via nextgen to not display on my website.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/nextgen-gallery/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thread Starter kosta x

(@kosta-x)

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Plugin Contributor photocrati

(@photocrati)

@kosta x – Most likely due to the original issue that caused the 2.0.59 update to fail on your site, you basically have a severely corrupted installation of NextGEN Gallery. Most likely you are now missing most if not all files.

The easiest way to correct this is to manually update (using the latest version) via a FTP client and over-write the existing NextGEN Gallery installation folder.

Thanks!

– Cais.

Thread Starter kosta x

(@kosta-x)

Thank you photocrati,

The nextgen plugin folder was very corrupt, so much that I had to call my web host to delete the folder because I was unable to. I then FTP’d a fresh installation to the plugin folder, and then activated the plugin on the wordpress backend. Everything is back to normal, and all my settings were still saved. Thank you!

-Kosta

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2.0.59 update broke the plugin’ is closed to new replies.