WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.0.3 - Pages no longer showing up (11 posts)

1. NuclearMoose
    Posted 8 years ago #

Since upgrading to 2.0.3, I "lost" all of my static pages. They don't show up in the Admin panel at all. I assume something goofy has happened in the database. Has anyone seen this before and more importantly, does anyone have a suggested fix for this?

Your help is much appreciated.

2. Chris_K
    Posted 8 years ago #

After the upgrade, were you prompted to run upgrade? If not, try running it manually.

3. NuclearMoose
    Posted 8 years ago #

HandySolo,
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I have done that.

4. drmike
    Posted 8 years ago #

Are the pages still there in your database?

Did you update the /wp-admin/wp-pages.php page?

5. NuclearMoose
    Posted 8 years ago #

Any other suggestions to resolve this would be appreciated.

6. NuclearMoose
    Posted 8 years ago #

I have confirmed that my "missing pages" actually do exist in the database. They are not showing up at all in the Manage > Pages admin panel. What would cause this to happen?

Thanks for your help.

7. NuclearMoose
    Posted 8 years ago #

Sorry, but I feel the need to BUMP this post.

8. Chris_K
    Posted 8 years ago #

Re-uploaded to ensure nothing's corrupt?

Grabbed the 2.0.3 tuneup plugin for some voodoo effect?

Rebuilt Permalinks since the upgrade (and verified .htaccess updates)?

Reviewed apache error logs? Anything of interest there following a visit to Manage -> Pages?

9. NuclearMoose
    Posted 8 years ago #

Handy,
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I've done all but view the Apache logs. I am simply perplexed here.

10. silfani
    Posted 7 years ago #

Same here. The pages exist and can be reached from the web site through edit, but not from manage pages.

11. Rongo
    Posted 7 years ago #

I had this exact same problem, but for us it was when we moved from 2.0.3 to the 2.1.x series. What I found was that static single pages were fine. The problem was in nested pages.

For example:

-> Links
    ---->category 1
    ---->category 2
    ------>category 2a

In the above example, after upgrading to the 2.1.x series, the ONLY page that would show up in the admin was the root Links page. I had to get my admin to "re-assign" all the subpages to the links category. That's the problem, the pages are all still there in the database, but they "lost" their child status to their respective parents.

I have one site to this day on the 2.0.10 series... with about 200 organized pages, that I am afraid to upgrade simply because I neither want to have someone re-assign all those pages, or worse, having to redo them all.

Good luck... but it sounds to me like you will have to have some edit the database and re-assign a parent id to ALL your "missing" pages. It's not a fun job.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.