WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2014 Theme - How do you remove drop down menu functionality (9 posts)

1. ocsearch
    Posted 6 months ago #

I'm making a child theme based on the default 2014 theme. I understand that the drop down navigation functionality is part of the responsive design...but for the purposes of the site I'm building, I can't have the drop down functionality every time I add child pages to the parent category.

Any ideas how to "kill" this functionality?

2. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 6 months ago #

I understand that the drop down navigation functionality is part of the responsive design

Not specifically. It's just part of the general design. Lots of non-responsive themes have dropdown navigation menus too. Are you using a child theme? Only category pages are not listed in the primary menu by default.

3. ocsearch
    Posted 6 months ago #

I have created a child theme, and so far the only difference between my child theme and the rest of the site are simple styling changes.

So how do I remove the drop down functionality?

4. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 6 months ago #

Are you using a custom menu?

5. ocsearch
    Posted 6 months ago #

Nope.

6. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 6 months ago #

Then how are you adding category links to the menu? Can we see this site?

7. ocsearch
    Posted 6 months ago #

By creating pages and placing them in the parent of the main navigational section.

8. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 6 months ago #

So these aren't category pages but pages of posts, yes? Again, can we see this site?

9. ocsearch
    Posted 6 months ago #

These are pages, that a child-pages of parent pages. I can't show the site because of security purposes.

You must log in to post.

About this Topic