• I’m making a child theme based on the default 2014 theme. I understand that the drop down navigation functionality is part of the responsive design…but for the purposes of the site I’m building, I can’t have the drop down functionality every time I add child pages to the parent category.

Any ideas how to “kill” this functionality?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I understand that the drop down navigation functionality is part of the responsive design

Not specifically. It’s just part of the general design. Lots of non-responsive themes have dropdown navigation menus too. Are you using a child theme? Only category pages are not listed in the primary menu by default.

Thread Starter ocsearch

(@ocsearch)

I have created a child theme, and so far the only difference between my child theme and the rest of the site are simple styling changes.

So how do I remove the drop down functionality?

Are you using a custom menu?

Thread Starter ocsearch

(@ocsearch)

Nope.

Then how are you adding category links to the menu? Can we see this site?

Thread Starter ocsearch

(@ocsearch)

By creating pages and placing them in the parent of the main navigational section.

So these aren’t category pages but pages of posts, yes? Again, can we see this site?

Thread Starter ocsearch

(@ocsearch)

These are pages, that a child-pages of parent pages. I can’t show the site because of security purposes.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘2014 Theme – How do you remove drop down menu functionality’ is closed to new replies.