WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2014 Dashboard Menu Text Flicker (7 posts)

1. RJ_Dev
    Posted 6 months ago #

Just updated the WordPress to the latest version and I noticed that text on the left menu appears to flicker (brightness of text fluctuates) when the mouse is hovering over other links in the menu, I'm a web developer so I know the hover effect but hovering over a link shouldn't have any effect on the inactive links but in WordPress it creates this flickering effect which is a bit annoying.

2. RJ_Dev
    Posted 6 months ago #

I realized that this text flicering is a Firefox issue, I opened the dashboard in Chrome and the menu works properly. I was able to replicate this flickering effect when I bring the Developer Tool (F12) in Firefox.

3. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 6 months ago #

I haven't been able to replicate this in Firefox 26.

4. RJ_Dev
    Posted 6 months ago #

I'm using Firefox 26 too on Windows 7, I'm still facing that issue. As I mentioned earlier there is no issue in Chrome and Opera but in Firefox the issue still exists. Thanks for your help Esmi, I'll probably submit a bug report to Firefox.

5. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 6 months ago #

Have you tried deactivating all browser extensions in case one of them is causing the issue?

6. RJ_Dev
    Posted 6 months ago #

Hello Esmi, I figured out the issue, I've created a custom theme for WordPress and the text flicker happens in Firefox only when my theme is active, when I activate the 2014 theme there is no flicker in Firefox. But the thing is when I check the dashboard in Chrome,Opera with my theme activated there is no flicker, it's only in Firefox. I know there is that thing about registering JavaScript and Stylesheets which is the recommended method, but I just added the link in the head section so I think may be my stylesheet is interfering with the WordPress Dashboard styles.

7. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 6 months ago #

I just added the link in the head section

You should be enqueuing your stylesheets and scripts.
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_enqueue_style
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_enqueue_script

You must log in to post.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.