WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 2010 Theme -Post Title Display issues (7 posts)

1. mdank
    Posted 9 months ago #

This seems to be a common topic, tried my darn'dest to research this without a creating a duplicate post. My apologies for adding yet another "My post titles are not showing up" Topic to the theme.
    That out of the way, I'm stuck. On a scale of 1-10 I'm around a 4 on knowledge of word press. Just getting familiar, playing around with different plug ins and layout of the site. I have managed to destroy the post titles somewhere in the midst of adding gallery plug ins and making a change to my easing slider.
    My last known change to the site was an update to the easing slider code to remove this from displaying on all pages. I simply added
    <?php
    if ( is_home() && function_exists('easingsliderlite') ) {
    easingsliderlite();
    }
    ?>
    Sometime after this change I noticed my titles not showing. Cant see how they are related but reflecting back it was a change made. I've searched for the title information and can only find reference to it in my Header template. The following is inserted.
    <title><?php
    /*
    * Print the <title> tag based on what is being viewed.
    */
    global $page, $paged;

wp_title( '|', true, 'right' );

// Add the blog name.
    bloginfo( 'name' );
    Without throwing things at it and causing more of an issue I thought I would beg for assistance. Any ideas?
    Site is dankworthgenealogy.com if you want to reference it. Notice the older posts contain a title and the newer posts do not.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

2. Tara
    Posted 9 months ago #

Have you tried:

-deactivating ALL plugins temporarily to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate them individually (one-by-one) to find the problematic plugin(s). If you can't get into your admin dashboard, try deactivating via FTP or SFTP or whatever file management application your host provides. If applicible, also remember to deactivate any plugins in the mu-plugins folder. The easiest way is to rename that folder to mu-plugins-old.
    - To rule out any theme-specific issue, try switching to the unedited default theme (Twenty Thirteen) for a moment using the WP dashboard. If you don't have access to your admin area, you can switch to the default theme by renaming your current theme's folder in wp-content/themes and adding "-old" to the end of the folder name using via FTP or SFTP or whatever file management application your host provides. Alternately, you can remove other themes except the default theme. That will force your site to use it.
    - resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems (because the hooks remain unless plugins completely removed or some plugins stick around in cached files. So by renaming the folder, you break them and force them inactive).

3. mdank
    Posted 9 months ago #

I have deactivated and removed recently installed add ins. Never gave it a thought to deactivate them all and enable them one at a time. I thought about switching themes but was hesitant to do so as I was unsure if or what it may impact.
    Will give this a shot thanks

4. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 9 months ago #

Do not edit the Twenty Ten theme itself. Always create a child theme for your changes.

5. mdank
    Posted 9 months ago #

Thanks for that bit of advise and link to reference material. I was making modifications to the theme itself.

6. mdank
    Posted 9 months ago #

Issue resolved, thanks for your suggestions. However embarrassed, I feel the need to post my find.
    I found that my post format had changed from standard to aside. When in the format of aside, Titles do not display.

7. Tara
    Posted 9 months ago #

Glad you got it resolved :-)

You must log in to post.

About this Topic