WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2004-05-05: mod_rewrite problem (7 posts)

1. tcloer
    Posted 9 years ago #

Also, i have a problem with the permalink options. I have set the virtual archive structure to "/archives/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/".
    WP then gives me the following rules for my .htaccess file:
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /wp-feed.php?category_name=$1&feed=$2 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^?(.*) /index.php?category_name=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^?(.*) /index.php?category_name=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/author/(.*)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /wp-feed.php?author_name=$1&feed=$2 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/author/?(.*) /index.php?author_name=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/author/?(.*) /index.php?author_name=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/([0-9]{4})?/?([0-9]{1,2})?/?([0-9]{1,2})?/?([_0-9a-z-]+)?/?([0-9]+)?/?$ /index.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&name=$4&page=$5 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/([0-9]{4})?/?([0-9]{1,2})?/?([0-9]{1,2})?/?([_0-9a-z-]+)?/?([0-9]+)?/?$ /index.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&name=$4&page=$5 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/([0-9]{1,2})/([_0-9a-z-]+)/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$ /wp-feed.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&name=$4&feed=$5 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^archives/([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/([0-9]{1,2})/([_0-9a-z-]+)/trackback/?$ /wp-trackback.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&name=$4 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^feed/?([_0-9a-z-]+)?/?$ /wp-feed.php?feed=$1 [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^comments/feed/?([_0-9a-z-]+)?/?$ /wp-feed.php?feed=$1&withcomments=1 [QSA]
    When i put those in, i'm getting a http 500 error and see nothing on my site at all.
    Any idea??
    Regards, Thomas

2. MaxT
    Posted 9 years ago #

U might have no permissions to use RewriteEngine... some hosts not allow it... or you have something more in your .htaccess. Save it as htaccess.txt and link to it.

3. clay
    Posted 9 years ago #

4. tcloer
    Posted 9 years ago #

I have switched back to 2004-05-03 for now.
    And everything works again. No idea how come - has something to do with my other problem. maybe.

5. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 9 years ago #

had the same thing happen

6. randybrown
    Posted 9 years ago #

Me too.
    My install was working fine until I added a new entry today. (Running latest CVS.)
    Would appreciate a clue. Will try switching back.....
    <rb>

7. randybrown
    Posted 9 years ago #

I switched back to 5/3 and all is well. I needed to delete the .htaccess file in order to gain initial access. Then, recreated it.
    Funny glitch. Interested in finding out what was changed to cause this....?
    <rb>

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.