• Post Preview is displayed when I save. Ok, but when I click save WP takes me back to an empty post and I have to re-enter that particular post to view the preview, which is way too cumbersome and defeats the purpose of the preview (publish and view your site in a separate window/tab is faster).

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Are you clicking “save and continue editing”?

Thread Starter nsxpower

(@nsxpower)

harpshot’s experiences are similar to what I am getting sans the SQL error.

In admin-functions.php (file date 4/30/04 9:37 p.m.)
    Should line 211:
    WHERE post_id = $postid
    be
    WHERE post_id = ‘$postid’
    This eliminates the SQL error statement I mentioned above, but I don’t know if it’s really the right cure.

I installed the new beta version of WP but when I post, I am getting the message:
    You have an error in your SQL syntax near ‘ORDER BY meta_key,meta_id’ at line 5]
    SELECT meta_key, meta_value, meta_id, post_id FROM wp_postmeta WHERE post_id = ORDER BY meta_key,meta_id
    Where should I go to fix this – or what do I do to fix it?

Sorry, that last post was by me – I forgot to log in.
    I’m also wondering how to import the entries from my old sql database into the new one. I installed the new version in a subdirectory called wp while the old one is using a different database in a subdirectory called blog.

Ok I followed the fix in the admin-functions.php, but I still haven’t seen anywhere where I can import my previous version of WordPress posts into my new database.
    How would I import the posts from the last version of wordpress into this new nightly build (which seems to be working perfectly for me) into the new database and new directory.
    I only see instructions on how to import MT or GreyMatter or Blogger.
    Thanks for your help.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘2004-04-30 nightly preview issue’ is closed to new replies.