WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2004-04-23 build - more fixes and LJ import (7 posts)

1. Matt Mullenweg
    Troublemaker
    Posted 10 years ago #

Okay, keep banging around the admin screen. Fixed up some problems with the options, a bug in the new link editor, a fairly major encoding issue, and a few other nicities. Bug fixes in the comment functions. Email is no longer exposed publically, anywhere. Some styling improvements in IE. An importer for LiveJournal XML exports. The RSS import has been stress-tested against megabytes of files and is working great. Still haven't gotten to the mail script yet, or cleaning up the custom fields interface. Oh, and there's a touch of blue. :)

2. Xial
    Posted 10 years ago #

One blistering error remains:
    import-livejournal is still linking to import-rss.
    I'm going and doing a month-by-month import of LJ entries until I zonk out tonight, and they're viewable in my 'blog in their appropriate category.
    If only I could figure out how to get it to show pages of entries, and be able to flip betwixt them at my own leisure... :)

3. OperaManiac
    Posted 10 years ago #

enough nightlies for me. i would wait for final... :)
    Any dates?

4. randybrown
    Posted 10 years ago #

The RSS import has been stress-tested against megabytes of files and is working great.

It doesn't work, as distributed, importing RSS from weblogs which may be sending out encoded HTML entities. The fix I posted last evening - adding a call to html_entities_decode after addslashes in the two statements that fill the $content variable - solves the problem.
    I recommend adding this to the distribution.
    <rb>

5. carthik
    Posted 10 years ago #

@Xial, I was thinking the same thing. If one has, say 3 years worth of posts at LJ, that will involved doing the same thing (edit import-rss.php--execute import-rss.php) 36 times!! That's too much.
    A small tweak to allow a user upload a folder with all the export files in it, and a script which imports all the .xml files in it is in order ;)
    @randybrown - matt fixed it just like you said. :)
    This is getting better by the day!!

6. randybrown
    Posted 10 years ago #

@randybrown - matt fixed it just like you said. :)

I looked in both the 4/23 and the current CVS and don't see the fix has been added.
    <rb>

7. carthik
    Posted 10 years ago #

My bad, I thought allusion said something to the effect that he noticed your work and did what was neccesary. I should speak for myself in the future :)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.