WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

200 ERROR SOLVED (9 posts)

1. gripmedia
    Posted 8 years ago #

Looks like I found the solution on a dead site thankfully cached by google... use at your own risk...

Thanks to the long dead http://www.sukasuka.org for the fix...

200 OK
    The document has moved here.

After looking at the code, I found the culprit in file wp-includes/classes.php. I commented out the line that says status_header( 200 ) and that seems to solve the 200 HTTP status problem.

function handle_404() {
    global $wp_query;
    // Issue a 404 if a permalink request doesn’t match any posts. Don’t
    // issue a 404 if one was already issued, if the request was a search,
    // or if the request was a regular query string request rather than a
    // permalink request.
    if ( (0 == count($wp_query->posts)) && !is_404() && !is_category() && !is_search() && ( $this->did_permalink || (!empty($_SERVER[‘QUERY_STRING’]) && (false === strpos($_SERVER[‘REQUEST_URI’], ‘?’))) ) ) {
    $wp_query->set_404();
    status_header( 404 );
    } elseif( is_404() != true ) {
    // status_header( 200 );
    }
    }

2. marketanomaly
    Posted 8 years ago #

Thanks for this. It worked perfectly. I hope that the developers pick this up and include the fix in the next update.

3. marketanomaly
    Posted 8 years ago #

Is there a script available to fix the problem with the database? Commenting the error code works, but it seems that there is a problem with the database causing this error.

I believe this error mainly occurs with wordpress installations that have been upgraded from 1.5 to 2.0

4. idner
    Posted 8 years ago #

I'm only experiencing this at my blogs hosted at dreamhost

has this been fixed further?

5. idner
    Posted 8 years ago #

that fix does work good, weird that they didnt fix it with 2.04

wp sure is an adventure

6. gogetternow
    Posted 7 years ago #

I am surprised WordPress don't even bother commenting on this... :(

7. Chris_K
    Posted 7 years ago #

WordPress probably won't comment on it, as WordPress is a software package. While brilliant, it certainly isn't sentient.

Now, the WP devs may have some thoughts, but you won't see them here too often. Granted, if you feel you've found a bug, you'd wander over to trac.wordpress.org and enter it and get all sorts of developer attention!

As a forum volunteer, what other sort of comment can I offer?

8. jtonline
    Posted 7 years ago #

I've just started a WordPress 2.0.4 blog on my site and have been tinkering with a template. I was dismayed to find in testing the site that if I clicked on any TrackBack link (which I guess some of my visitors might do) I got a 200 OK error.

I was able to fix it very quickly though by using a search engine and finding this thread, so thanks for that bit of info.

9. Covi
    Posted 7 years ago #

Why you want redirect?... oO
    You can use this report to display permalink, etc...

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags