WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] [2.0 RC1 Bug?] Parent /child category bug! (6 posts)

1. darrepac
    Posted 8 years ago #

Hello,

Ok, I will try to explain the issue. First of all here is my under construction website http://www.valbonne-team.org
    As you can see in the sidebar I have several categories with parent and child for some of them. The issue I had was that when I click to "Aventures" category I only see post from "Via Ferrata by night" but not from "Pyrenees2005" => Strange!
    So, I have checked several things and things appear to be quite strange :
    Check the url link of the 2 category child :
    Via Ferrata by night is ".../category/aventures/via-ferrata-by-night/"
    Pyrenees2005 is ".../category/pyrenees2005/"
    and SHOULD BE ".../category/aventures/pyrenees2005/"

So I have checked in the admin panels and the category appears (as in my webpage) well categorised between parent and child but when I edit most of the child category the parent item is filled with "none" ??? and when I try to change it to the right parent name and re-edit again, still "none"...

Really really strange behaviour with probably a nice bug in it....
    Don't hesitate to ask precision if it is unclear (difficult to describe the issue)

2. darrepac
    Posted 8 years ago #

uh...is it the right place to post potential bug?

3. moshu
    Posted 8 years ago #

I guess it's OK to post "bugs"... however, by clicking on pyrenees2005 in the sidebar I got this address:
    http://www.valbonne-team.org/category/aventures/pyrenees2005/
    Maybe you see a cached version?

4. darrepac
    Posted 8 years ago #

Really really strange.... don't remember if i have post the problem from home or at work... will now post only from home to be sure about cache issues

5. gregbd
    Posted 8 years ago #

In WP2 RC1, I am unable to add child pages to a new Main Page or parent.

6. gregbd
    Posted 8 years ago #

OK, I found my problem. I was using Firefox 1.5 when this problem arose. Using Safari 2.02, the parent child issues disappear and I can see all the pages and assign children to them.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic