WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2.0 > 2.2, fatal error for upgrade.php (6 posts)

1. ntresour
    Posted 6 years ago #

I'm in the process of upgrading from 2.0.2 to 2.2.3. Everything is uploaded and appears to be correct, but, following the upgrade instructions, when I try to access /wp-admin/upgrade.php in the browser, I get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: wp_cache_init() in /home/ntresour/public_html/blog/wp-settings.php on line 130

Help!

2. ntresour
    Posted 6 years ago #

If it's relevant, here's a bit more info. (Tell me what else you need to know.)

There is no line 130 in the php file!
    And no text "wp_cache_init()"

So I assume it's not the actual .php file that's the problem.

Could this be a permissions problem?

I'm accessing with Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Mac OSX 10.0.10

3. Chris_K
    Posted 6 years ago #

You might delete and reload that file -- or that directory.

Make sure you're using text/ascii mode for .php files if using FTP.

4. ntresour
    Posted 6 years ago #

I can try that. The update.php file seems to be OK; it matches the one on my hard drive (I can read it from the server fine).

Might have to wait until tomorrow to reload the entire directory since I'm on a OW satellite link and the upload process is S L O W since it has to go through phone modem.

5. ntresour
    Posted 6 years ago #

I just reloaded both the upgrade.php and the wp-settings files. No change. Same error.

(The error actually relates to wp-settings file, so I did that one also.)

I must be missing something? I did follow the expanded upgrade instructions to the letter...

Any other ideas?

6. ntresour
    Posted 6 years ago #

I guess I'm not doing something right here; not giving right or sufficient info or not using correct lingo, etc. since I'm not hearing much help. What does one need to do?

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic