• When 2.0 becomes available tomorrow, I am wondering if it will also be available via Fantastico?

Thanks πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ask your host – but it’s very doubtful.

Also, if you are going to upgrade your blog using any auto-script, backup EVERYTHING. Your host will not help you if the upgrade screws things up, so backup now.

How would one backup all the data of wordpress?

Database:
    http://www.tamba2.org.uk/wordpress/backup/

Also backup your blog files.
    It’s VERY good practice to regularly backup everything on the server. This is such as occasion where doing that isn’t just advised, it’s essential.

i dont have phpMyadmin, im using netfirms.ca hosting. Can somone tell me how i can do this?

Your host really should be able to advise on this – it is a basic hosting requirement. Check their support docs / forum ? Or email their support too.

nvm i found it, silly me.

Anyways, my backup file is only 83Kb. Is that normal?

For a zip or gzip and a new blog, yes.
    The default size of the database on install is 174Kb.

You could always get an unzipped version, a zipped versiona and a gzipped one too. You can never ever have too many backups πŸ™‚

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator

When 2.0 becomes available tomorrow, I am wondering if it will also be available via Fantastico?

See: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/52606/page/2#post-288592

Thread Starter Bhoney

(@bhoney)

Thanks for the info macmanx.It took my host months to get 1.5.2 and that only happened after I pestered them about error messages I was getting via Fantastico while installing other programs.

At any rate, I think I’ll be able to install WordPress on my own.

Will it be available Midnight sharp… I’m staying up hoping so, but I’m getting a lil sleepy now… lol.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘2.0 Availability and Fantastico’ is closed to new replies.