WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2 wordpress installs, on in root, one in subdirectory? (2 posts)

1. Jon W
    Posted 4 years ago #

Hi

I have wordpress installed in root. I have a theme that I love, but I want to add new categories. It is likely that these cat posts will overrun the current blog (it will be for classifieds etc, so could have 100's of posts a week) so I would like to add another blog just for these.

So, can I install a second wordpress in a subdirectory? Or will the two argue with each other?

I think that I will just test it and see, but curious to know if there are any issues that I may not find in testing and should know about

Many thanks

Jon.

PS, I have looked into finding a way to exclude certain category posts from the index but no luck yet.

2. cubecolour
    ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ
    Posted 4 years ago #

So, can I install a second wordpress in a subdirectory? Or will the two argue with each other?

If its pointing at its own database you'll be fine. You can use the same db with a different prefix, but that would defeat the object of a separate install.

You can make page on the first blog redirect to pages on the second (& vice versa) using the quick page redirect plugin. I wouldn't bother though - I'd just bung it all into a single installation.

Excluding specific categories from displaying is easy - just edit the loop

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic