• Resolved GlitchQueen

(@glitchqueen)

Hello,

I actually caused this error myself, now I just want to solve it so that I can properly use WordPress.

I had first created a WordPress account on wordpress.com. However, I ended up shutting down the blog. I then downloaded the WordPress installation through my iPage account, and signup up for a new blog there http://www.voiceofvie.com.

Now, I am stuck with 2 accounts under the same username and email. So every time I try to log into WordPress or try to comment on other’s blogs, I am unable to.

It always gives me incorrect password which I have to reset all the time. I tried to solve this by changing the username and password of the older account but the problem persists. Is there a way to permanently shut it down or at least collapse it with my active one?

Thank you in advance.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Contact the folks over at wordpress.com to ask for your old wordpress.com site to be removed.

Thread Starter GlitchQueen

(@glitchqueen)

I would love to but I cannot even access my account (even though I am on it).

I get the following message:
    SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: –deleted-account-glitchqueen-vivianne.sev@gmail.com
    The e-mail could not be sent.
    Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function…

The problem with this is the system might be thinking that this is the old account that I changed the email for. But why isn’t my current one showing up? Even though I have full access to it if I log in through my original email link (it doesn’t even recognize my username).

We really cannot help with anything relating to a wordpress.com site. These forums are for self-hosted WordPress sites only. So try asking your question on http://en.forums.wordpress.com/

Thread Starter GlitchQueen

(@glitchqueen)

Will do, thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2 WordPress accounts conflicting password ID’ is closed to new replies.