WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2 Things: New User Notification & Email Address List (7 posts)

1. josephcohen
    Posted 5 years ago #

Hi there,

I run a non-profit internet radio station for my community, itntradio.com. We had web developers create the site, but when it comes to WordPress things, they refer us to these forums. I'm not an expert, but find the platform so full of potential.

I have two issues:

1. For some reason, I do not get new user notifications to my email. The only plugin I have installed is auto-login.

2. How would I be able to get a list of all the email addresses, of all my users, so that I could send them a mass email?

Thanks,
    Joe

2. MichaelH
    Posted 5 years ago #

1.Assuming that your email address is set in Settings->General? If so then might need an SMTP mail type plugin. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

2.Again, another plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/email-users/

3. josephcohen
    Posted 5 years ago #

Michael, I really appreciate the response.

The second one worked, great!

But in terms of the first, I'm still not getting notified when a new user is signed up. It might have to do with the fact that once someone signs up for an account on the main site, with a different database, a user is automatically created for our wordpress database. What do you think?

4. MichaelH
    Posted 5 years ago #

It might have to do with the fact that once someone signs up for an account on the main site, with a different database, a user is automatically created for our wordpress database. What do you think?

I would say you are correct.

5. josephcohen
    Posted 5 years ago #

So how would I get an email every time a new user is created in this case?

6. MichaelH
    Posted 5 years ago #

It might have to do with the fact that once someone signs up for an account on the main site, with a different database, a user is automatically created for our wordpress database.

Probably best to check with the programmer who did that modification.

7. josephcohen
    Posted 5 years ago #

Darn - he charges for any little thing.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic