• I have 2 themes, and basically community site (+buddypress) and we have a job board.

Please let me know some links to help to convert 2 themes with 1 database, 1 wordrpess.

I want to use same users batabase.

I have found it could multiple theme. but i also want to make sure.

when you click one of menu (job, resume), it shows job board.

Please advise me or give me some tips.

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Perhaps I’m misunderstanding your question, but any newly activated theme will automatically use the database defined in wp-config.php

If you are asking how to share a database between two separate wordpress installations, then you can edit the wp-config.php file to use a different prefix other than wp_

If you want to share the data between the installs on the same host, I believe you can simply manually install the second wordpress installation and basically copy your previous wp-config.php to the new install.

Thread Starter freeace00

(@freeace00)

Thanks for your answer spider, it helps but i may need more details.

let me give you more detail.

I have a community theme with buddypress. And I need job board menus(pages)
    I have been trying to find a job plugin to install in my theme. but it’s not easy to do that.

Therefore, I am looking another way to have job board. so I should add 1 more theme to my own theme with 1 database, same menu (navigation).

I don’t want to users register 2 time on each themes.

I am explaining enough to make you to understand?

If so, Do you know any blog links or wp links?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘2 themes with same database, wordpress’ is closed to new replies.