Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author Ash Durham

(@ashdurham)

Hi fcpro,

Interesting, never heard of the need to have 2 different tax percentages on the one invoice.

Initial thoughts are to open the ability to choose how many tax fields are added to the invoice, by default having one, added to the settings area. This would in turn open up the option in the admin to define the percentage for each tax field.

Does this sound like it would benefit you?

Thread Starter fcpro

(@fcpro)

Hi Ash,

Yap, it’s a weird “2 different tax percentage” situation where we live. But have a look at this online calculator and we will see it.s not a joke. By law, we need to show and charge “provincial” and “federal” tax on invoice.

* I’m not sure that I understand what you are saying, but again the online calculator (link above) is the reference to follow.

Thank you for time and effort 🙂
    Regards

Plugin Author Ash Durham

(@ashdurham)

fcpro,

Didn’t for a second think that this was a ‘joke’, just stated that I had never heard of it (I don’t get out much :P)

I was trying to describe the changes I will make to the plugin to allow this for you. Because I still need it to work for places where there is only 1 tax type, I need to add the functionality in a way that it can be chosen in the setup of the plugin.

Leave it with me and I’ll see what I can do. I just can’t promise you a deliverable timeframe at this stage.

Thread Starter fcpro

(@fcpro)

Ok understood. Thanks for all your efforts !

Thread Starter fcpro

(@fcpro)

Hi Ash,
    Have you worked on adding more taxes ?

Setting up taxes the canadian way + some US cities as well.
    Per example: 100$ + (tax #1 at 5%) + (tax #2 at 9.975%) = Grand total to pay

The invoice is presented like this at bottom:
    Sub Total price = 100.00$
    +GST (5.00%) 5.00$
    +PST (9.975%) 9.98$
    Total amount to pay = 114.98$.

Regards

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2 Taxes’ is closed to new replies.