• How do I show just the two latest posts on the front page but when you click on a category I want to list every post in that cat ?

Thanks,

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • To show just two posts on the front page in the Dashboard goto Options > Reading, change Blog Pages show at most to 2.
    When anyone clicks on the category it should show a summary of all posts in that category.

Thread Starter dalecom

(@dalecom)

No it doesnt – it only shows 2 posts in the categories aswell, you have to keep clicking on previous entries to get the older ones.

Odd that.
    I’m guessing you’ll have to play around a bit in either sidebar.php or archive.php using something from http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags I’ve taken a quick peek, but nothing is jumping out at me. Perhaps some great guru will point the way.

I’m no guru, but this post should hopefully point you the right way (after you change the 1 to a 2, of course.).

Use this plugin. Set the “home” per-page value to 2 and set the rest of the archives stuff to whatever you want or -1 to show all of them (though your readers may hate you once you get a fair number of posts).

Thread Starter dalecom

(@dalecom)

thanks for those, very helpfull.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘2 posts on front page – list all in categories’ is closed to new replies.