WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2 posts on front page - list all in categories (7 posts)

1. dalecom
    Posted 9 years ago #

How do I show just the two latest posts on the front page but when you click on a category I want to list every post in that cat ?

Thanks,

2. F1_error
    Posted 9 years ago #

To show just two posts on the front page in the Dashboard goto Options > Reading, change Blog Pages show at most to 2.
    When anyone clicks on the category it should show a summary of all posts in that category.

3. dalecom
    Posted 9 years ago #

No it doesnt - it only shows 2 posts in the categories aswell, you have to keep clicking on previous entries to get the older ones.

4. F1_error
    Posted 9 years ago #

Odd that.
    I'm guessing you'll have to play around a bit in either sidebar.php or archive.php using something from http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags I've taken a quick peek, but nothing is jumping out at me. Perhaps some great guru will point the way.

5. ifelse
    Posted 9 years ago #

I'm no guru, but this post should hopefully point you the right way (after you change the 1 to a 2, of course.).

6. ColdForged
    Posted 9 years ago #

Use this plugin. Set the "home" per-page value to 2 and set the rest of the archives stuff to whatever you want or -1 to show all of them (though your readers may hate you once you get a fair number of posts).

7. dalecom
    Posted 9 years ago #

thanks for those, very helpfull.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.