Support » Plugin: Contact Form 7 » 2 instances of same form in 1 page – possible?

• Resolved simaooliveira

(@simaooliveira)

Hi!

I was wondering if the following would be possible :

I have a quite conceptual website where, no matter how much i’ve tried, I can’t use the same elements for the desktop and smartphone versions as responsive. As such, the only way I was able to implement the smartphone design was to create elements that are shown only under a certain window size.

In order to implement CForm7, I had to create two forms, one for each ‘platform’. I used the same shortcode for both, but the second form actually triggers the actions on the first one (meaning that the error messages, classes, etc, are applied to the invisible form when the smartphone version is active).

Is there anyway I can ‘separate’ these two forms without creating a copy of the form on the WP admin? Normally this wouldnt be a problem, but I’m using the Contact Form DB plug-in (http://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7-to-database-extension/) to register contact actions, and I wouldn’t want to have different forms registering in different db tables at this level.

Thanks in advance !

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Thread Starter simaooliveira

(@simaooliveira)

Quick update: just found that if you create a second form with the same name, but different ID (obviously) it merges it on the table of Contact Form DB, which works for me.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘2 instances of same form in 1 page – possible?’ is closed to new replies.