WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2 home pages...now blank page (3 posts)

1. plussizeglitz
    Posted 3 years ago #

Hi!
    I wanted a static front page. I accomplished this by modifying the home page by creating two new pages, one for static and one for posts, and selecting "static page" button in SETTINGS>>READING. Now I want to revert back to FRONT PAGE DISPLAYS LATEST POSTS, but when I do that I get a blank home page.

My theme has an option for displaying a home page or not and it has options for pages to be either "default", "archive," or a "blog page." I have played with those settings to no avail. Still a blank home page when the FRONT PAGE DISPLAYS LATEST POSTS button is selected. Help??

2. fldtrace
    Posted 3 years ago #

When you display latest posts on home page, the default file that is loaded is index.php. I would check that one to see if it has the right code.

3. plussizeglitz
    Posted 3 years ago #

Thanks for your help!

I checked the index.php code and because it is a child theme it was linked to the parent. The index.php for the parent was screwed up so I replaced it with the original code that I uploaded from the Theme package, but still I get a blank page when I select FRONT PAGE DISPLAYS LATEST POSTS.

I checked my plug-ins and found a "drop in." It reads
    "advanced-cache.php Advanced caching plugin. Inactive: Requires define('WP_CACHE', true); in wp-config.php."

Maybe it all has something to do with that??

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic