Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thread Starter stepjoe

(@stepjoe)

I am running 3.7.1 wordpress and Version 3.0 of cbnet Multi Author Comment Notification. The only difference i think would exist is that the site is installed on a different url than what we are using eg thisblog.com is where we installed it but the live url is thatblog.com

I dont think this would have issues like that but it could be the reason.

Plugin Author Chip Bennett

(@chipbennett)

Let’s try to figure this one out:

1) Do you get double notification emails with the Plugin disabled?
    2) What other Plugins do you have active?
    3) What are the settings you have configured for the Plugin?
    4) Are the emails going to the same email address (i.e. could it be an issue with an email alias)?

Thread Starter stepjoe

(@stepjoe)

1) I will test this now and post my finding asap. After this meeting sorry.
    2) Akismet
    Author Image
    Polldaddy polls & Ratings
    ShareThis
    Wordpress SEO / Yoast
    WP-Recaptcha
    WP-Mostpopular
    3) I really havent changed this except to add a few emails to Additional Emails input section.
    4)Yes the emails are going to the same addresses i list. I have a total of 4 email addresses in the Additional Emails and we all get 2 emails per comment.

Thread Starter stepjoe

(@stepjoe)

ok i just tested the comments with the plug in deactivated and the admin is still getting 2 emails per comment.

Plugin Author Chip Bennett

(@chipbennett)

ok i just tested the comments with the plug in deactivated and the admin is still getting 2 emails per comment.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, that indicates some issue on your end, either with your WordPress configuration or your email configuration.

The functionality of this Plugin itself is actually quite simple. It merely filters the email distribution list, to add additional email addresses. As your issue doesn’t appear to be related to the Plugin, I’ll close this as “resolved”, but please post again if you have any other issues.

Thread Starter stepjoe

(@stepjoe)

Ok thank you Chip. I am not sure what is doing this.

I’m new but noticed no one had posted what they found to fix it. I was getting two emails for each comment also. I’m using WordPress 3.8.1

I fixed it on mine by making sure my User Profile email was the same as the General Settings email. Now I only get one email per comment submitted.

I had a different email in each area.

Thread Starter stepjoe

(@stepjoe)

I do not have any of these checked:
    User Roles

Send comment notification emails to all Administrators
    Send comment notification emails to all Editors
    Send comment notification emails to all Authors
    Send comment notification emails to all Contributors
    Send comment notification emails to all Subscribers

Additional Emails

DO NOT HAVE YOUR EMAIL IN HERE IF YOU HAVE THE ABOVE CHECKED OFF!

Send comment notification emails to these additional email addresses

Miscellaneous

Make sure this is checked – Send notification emails for comments from registered users

Make sure this is checked – Send notification emails for comments held for moderation

I did not change any code that I can remember related to this issue

I do remember there was a setting in wordpress that was causing this. It was like because I had alerts to be sent out checked 2 times I was getting two. I will help any way I can to help you get this resolved.

Thread Starter stepjoe

(@stepjoe)

Also please make sure in your profile you do not have this checked or maybe you do depending on your setting from the above message I left.

This is on your profile page – Receive email notification of comments to all posts, regardless of post author

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘2 Email notifications for each comment’ is closed to new replies.