WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 2 domains, 2 different websites (by content), one WP (4 posts)

  1. etrarkia
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hello all,

    I'll try to describe the current situation we're dealing with.

    We have made 2 HTML/CSS websites and the only difference between them is that one is on English and another one is on Italian language. The layout is the same.

    We wanted to have option to add in both websites unlimited number of pages and, by what we read, we used WP and WP Network + WP MU Domain Mapping plugin and we managed to access both website from one WP.

    WP is installed in English website, while Italian uses same files.

    The problem:

    While English website works perfectly, Italian version somehow lost all Italian HTML pages, they are not accessible anymore. When I try to go to an page (i.e. http://www.company.it/contact_it.html), it gives me "Page not found" error even the "contact_it.html" page is already there, uploaded and doesn't have anything to do directly with WP. Also, the whole Italian navigation menu in Italian version of website is now replaced with English navigation menu, from English version of website.

    Question:

    I believe the issue has something to do with domain mapping or something that's related to that, but don't know exactly what.

    Could you suggest us how to solve this issue since we really stuck there without any clue about what to do next?

    Big thanks!
    Cheers.

  2. I believe the issue has something to do with domain mapping or something that's related to that, but don't know exactly what.

    Very possible... See, the domain is pointed to /public_html/ basically, so unless the main domain has maindomain.com/contact_it.html, it won't work.

  3. etrarkia
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hm, thanks Ipstenu.

    Can you please give me more details about your answer, I'm not sure I can follow you.

    Thanks!!!

  4. etrarkia
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I managed to work all as I imagined.

    Since Italian HTML pages were not accessible, we just moved all Italian files from Italian folder into English folder, together with English files and both websites are now accessible again.

    Thanks!!!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic