WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2 domains 1 site (2 posts)

1. codescribblr
    Posted 2 years ago #

I have a client that would like to have a site duplicated on 2 different domains. He wants to have a different header image and company name (possibly different footer text as well), but he wants the rest of the site to be an exact duplicate. Most importantly, he wants to be able to edit the duplicated site content in one place and have it updated on both sites. Is there a way to do this with WordPress? I know about multisite, but I can't figure out how to duplicate content (posts, pages, custom-post-types,comments, etc) while still having only one place to edit. I understand that this is committing SEO suicide, but that's how he wants it. Any ideas?

2. SEO suicide is right! I can't imagine that this would be very easy to accomplish without some serious custom coding.

I get this request with clients all the time, but I think that to solve this problem, the second site would be quite a bit more expensive than the first. Usually when I mention the cost, clients quickly lose interest, if they haven't already lost interest when I tell them how hosed their SEO is going to be.

But I'd love to hear the answer, if someone knows it...

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic