• sooutofmyleague

(@shelleyrappefbcmooreorg)

Hello, I am new to this end of it. However, I was working on our church site. I updated the plug ins that is told me to update. I ran the backupbuddy as it said I needed to do. I then went in and took off a plug in that I did not want anymore and thats when everything went bad! Our screens went crazy and all of our pages went everywhere and were not related anymore. Then I received the 500 error followed by the 404 error. Please help me get our site back up as soon as possible as we need it before tonight. I am exhausted.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Can you post a link to your site? Also, have you tried to disable plugins to see which one might be causing an issue?

Thread Starter sooutofmyleague

I cannot do anything. I would so appreciate any help. I am very new to this end. I just usually follow the widgets and plugins to be honest. I do not know anything else. But I am just sick to my stomach.

fbcmoore.org

Andrew Nevins

(@anevins)

WCLDN 2018 Contributor | Volunteer support

Do you have FTP access?

Also, do you have a backup before you did these changes?

yes..but I do not really understand that. I would need a lot of help with that. I am serious when I say “very new” and “very sick to my stomach” haha

Andrew Nevins

(@anevins)

WCLDN 2018 Contributor | Volunteer support

Can you contact your hosting providers to help you accessing your website’s files? You need to go to the “plugins” folder and then remove that particular plugin’s folder that crashed your site.

that is where the problem lies. we recently learned that our previous layperson (graphic) donor placed our site on google self hosting. This was uncovered as I was researching which provider to change to so that I could have tech support as I do NOT know what I am doing.

What is the site URL?

Oh sorry, I see it now. You WILL need to find out how to access the site files on the server – there isn’t any other way to start trying to fix this kind of problem.

I did see that backupbuddy hit them one time. however, I don’t know anything else

Who has access to the server account with Google (or wherever it is actually located)? The nameservers show it’s set to

Name Server:NS1.M11DESIGN.COM
    Name Server:NS2.M11DESIGN.COM

http://www.whois.com/whois/fbcmoore.org

You WILL need to get access to the files on the server.

ok thank you

ok..I can get in now, however, this is what I got;

You must delete the file “_login_attempts.php” in the importbuddy directory on your server to unlock this ImportBuddy to allow it to continue.

I have not attempted anything.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘2 days now and I am exhausted. Updated a plug in, and took off some plugins….’ is closed to new replies.