WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2 comments forms (11 posts)

1. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

I am totally confused. Why are there TWO comments forms on the comments page? My blog is here: http://shout-louder.net/wp

2. Mark (podz)
    Support Maven
    Posted 10 years ago #

Because you have edited wp-comments.php and put the extra one there ?
    View Source, then examine that file above.

3. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

No, I haven't edited it. I haven't changed it at all. But there are two forms. Even if I DO edit it (but I have replaced it with the original) and make it only one form. When I upload it there are two. Argh.

4. Mark (podz)
    Support Maven
    Posted 10 years ago #

If you View Source, and scroll to the bottom, you will see that these are the last 4 lines:

5. </div>
    </div>

It *should* end with standard, valid code.
    Somewhere you have edited a wp file and caused this error to occur. There is quite a bit missing so it's hard to pin down just what exactly caused this.

• MarkMichon
    Posted 10 years ago #

It just looks like he messed with his index file and seems to have left half of it out. Wouldnt jump to assume its from editing a wp file.

• Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

um...what's standard, valid code?

• MarkMichon
    Posted 10 years ago #

your index file doesnt end at all. the body tag is never closed, nor do quite a few others.

• Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

Thanks MarkMichon, that php include line was the problem. There is only one form now. :) But what are these things on the comments page?:
    The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://www.shout-louder.net/wp/wp-trackback.php/4
    RSS feed for comments on this post.
    Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed: <b>

<i> <strike>
    Do I need them there? Is it safe to delete them?

• Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

Well, that post was screwed up. Do I need to do something to show a code? Let me try something:
    Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed: <b>

<i> <strike>

• Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 10 years ago #

*shrug*

• MarkMichon
    Posted 10 years ago #

you dont need them

• Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.