WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2 blogs one members database? (8 posts)

1. mchype14
    Posted 4 years ago #

i currently have three blogs, only two of which i am trying to use the same registered members for the two blogs. one is a main blog with tech news the other is a forum. at least im trying to make it a forum. but in order for me to do that, i need to be able to use the same members that registered on my main site so i can have them log in on the forum. they are under two different domain endings, .us and .info. the blog is .us and the forum will be a subdomain of the .info. is there a way i can use one database of registered users for two sites? if yes, how? and if there is a plugin, which one? if not, would someone be able to make one for me? i am not that good with php programming and wp programming.

thanks alot.

2. MichaelH
    Posted 4 years ago #

3. jeffarf
    Posted 4 years ago #

Never knew i should search for "hive" to find member database related plugins! Will try this one - looks great.

4. jeffarf
    Posted 4 years ago #

PS: if new member joined to blog1.com - will it automatically propagate to blog2.com ?
    That would be wonderful feature.

5. ronchicago
    Posted 4 years ago #

don't mean to change the subject here. trying to do something like that. having two layouts with ALMOST the same look, the main difference is the way the post lays out. a two blog solution would solve this.

i found a blog that is doing it the following way.

1) layout #1 = domain.com

2) layout #2 = special.domain.com

will look into hive but also interested in the above url solution...

6. Samuel B
    Posted 4 years ago #

7. ronchicago
    Posted 4 years ago #

not meant as bump but sam and michael, your links looks like it will provide the answer. a lot of noodling to accomplish though. thanks ! will let you know when resolved.

8. ronchicago
    Posted 4 years ago #

still working on this via hive. just noticed new development. can someone clarify please...

1) will v2.9 offer the flexibility of different post layouts / styles. this is what was written in a P2 blurb = " Custom post types will be available in WordPress 2.9. " or are they talking about a feature using the P2 theme and available to v2.9

http://weblogtoolscollection.com/archives/2009/11/20/the-new-p2-is-awesome/

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic