• I have two separate wordpress installations on one host, and would like to remain logged in on both so I don’t have to re-login every time I want to post to the other. Can I somehow combine the two under one username?

I’ve tried adding my main username to the secondary blog, but it looks like you can only add a new username, not one that’s already in use somewhere else.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I’ve tried adding my main username to the secondary blog, but it looks like you can only add a new username, not one that’s already in use somewhere else.

I have the same username at separate sites, and neither site is aware of the other. You should be able to register the same name and even the same password at both sites, then have them open side-by-side in separate browser tabs. That is what I do.

Thread Starter awakeat5

(@awakeat5)

It’s not separate sites, it’s two blogs hosted on the same domain which I own. TIA…

If they are separate installs I don’t know of any way to login to both at the same time, no.

It’s not separate sites, it’s two blogs hosted on the same domain which I own.

Two blogs == two separate sites.

They each have different urls right?

Thread Starter awakeat5

(@awakeat5)

Two databases are hosted under the same url. http://www.site.com/blog, http://www.site.com/blog2. Both require separate logins, both have separate installations.

As wpyogi and leejosepho mentioned earlier, these 2 different WordPress installation are not aware of each other and thus require sperate logins, but you can use the same username and passwords.

Thread Starter awakeat5

(@awakeat5)

OK, thanks for the information.

When you have the same username on two sites that are not aware of each other, do you still have to re-login when you switch sites? Going to try it now…

Yeah, unfortunately, they don’t “talk” to each other. I know some people deal with this by using a different browser for each site – so then you can be logged into both at the same time – but that has its drawbacks if you really like one browser over another.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘2 blogs in one wordpress installation; can I use 1 username to login to both?’ is closed to new replies.