WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2 Author Blog Wishlist- Challenge? (3 posts)

1. avandonsel
    Posted 7 years ago #

Hello,

I've browsed through the support forums and played with different plugins, etc, but I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to approach my design and wonder if anyone can help.

I'm doing a blog with 2 main authors, and will be eventually adding additional guest authors. I'm using a three column template (view at http://www.amyvandonsel.com/testblog but it is a mess right now.) The center column is for posts, and I want to use the right sidebar for one main author, and the left sidebar for the other. I'd like this to function like a "traditional" blog sidebars, only with one for each author.

I would like to include the following things in the sidebar for that particular author:
    -Recent posts by author (not all)
    -Categories by author (listing the categories that author has posted to)
    -Archives link leading to separate archive page for each main author

THEN (because I have to be complicated, evidently :) ) I'd like to add the following to my top navigation:
    -Link to Authors page, listing all authors, including 2 main and guest authors, with links to profile pages
    -Links to a fancy main archives page that gives options for viewing by date or by author

And FINALLY I'd like the "posted by authorname" on each post to be a link to that author's profile

I know how to do some of these things, but... I don't know what the prettiest cleanest method to accomplish all this is. Thoughts?

(Also, I'm currently using the subtle theme by gluedideas which is awesome and includes many of these features, but I really want a clean 3 column layout with left and right sidebars.)

Thanks!
    -Amy

P.S. I'd be willing to pay someone a small fee to help with this.

2. moshu
    Posted 7 years ago #

Re: P.S.
    You have to decide what you want:
    a) help here in the forum - and in that case you should be patient until the volunteers answer all your questions... maybe in several days'
    or
    b) paid support - in which case post a contact address and a mod will close this thread (see the rules)

3. avandonsel
    Posted 7 years ago #

Oops, sorry!

I guess I'll wait and see if anyone replies, and continue to do research on my own, and if no luck I'll happily post contact info and move on with life. :)

Thanks!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.