WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

2 account log in details (2 posts)

1. shane 2
    Posted 1 year ago #

During 2011 I think I may have created a wordpress account. Since then I recently created a new website and have a wordpress blog.
    When I try to leave a comment on another site, I'm asked to log in to my wordpress account. When I type in my username or e mail address it says already in use. I have tried changing my username and pass word but the same thing continues to happen.
    I got a second chance to change my username and password and this was for my old account. It has a long ugly password with it, hence I have now got two wordpress account login details.
    I would like to just use my site log in details and not the older account login details. Any good suggestions welcome. Should I delete the old 2011 site which I have never used? And delete the account too if I can find it?

2. WPyogi
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

Are your accounts, by chance, on WordPress.COM? If so, you'd need to contact them: http://en.forums.wordpress.com/

These forums are for self-hosted WordPress.ORG sites -- and your user name here is not connected to any website - just the forums here. And here, it's not possible for anyone to delete user names or accounts -- if your account is here, just ignore it if you don't want to use it.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic