WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[closed] $1.95 / month hosting doesn't really exist??? (15 posts)

1. shelbypets
    Posted 4 years ago #

“Over a million domains host with DreamHost since 1997, voted best WordPress support for six years running! Unlimited domains, email, databases, disk space, bandwidth, plus a free domain registration forever, all at a special promotional price of just $1.95 a month for WordPress users. 100% uptime guarantee and 2 week free trial… and of course automatically updated WordPress 3.0 one-click installation.”

I tried using the link to get $1.95 / month hosting and it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong???

2. MichaelH
    Posted 4 years ago #

Link worked for me--but I didn't provide email or the like. Try it again.

3. shelbypets
    Posted 4 years ago #

well, the link does take you to DreamHost, but once you put in your email, etc., it has you paying $8.95/month.

If the $2/month isn't true anymore, WordPress really should update their website.

4. MichaelH
    Posted 4 years ago #

You might consider emailing hosting-application@wordpress.org with your complaint.

5. shelbypets
    Posted 4 years ago #

just did your suggestion. thank you.

6. farzan1992
    Posted 4 years ago #

@shelbypets: Don't forget to update this post when you get any reply from them.

7. ksimpson22
    Posted 4 years ago #

I just did it today and it worked fine. Just signed up for $1.95/month hosting plus the free domain. Are you sure you're clicking the right link?

8. cahjoon
    Posted 4 years ago #

I just tried it. The link on wordpress.org/hosting simply points to dreamhost.com. How does one get the 1.95/mth offer? Is there a promo code?

9. neotrope
    Posted 4 years ago #

Ummmm... click the graphic on the hosting page on wordpress, takes you to their hosting site, click the $1.95 link bottom of page (giant friendly letters), fill out the form to start a trial. Seemed pretty simple to me. I used WinXP/IE8 to get there.

10. farzan1992
    Posted 4 years ago #

@neotrope Thanks... I think WordPress has just updated their website and now that link is working fine. :)

11. jannisg
    Posted 4 years ago #

I can't get this to work at all.. when I click the little $1.95 image on the wordpress page it directs me to the normal dreamhost homepage, and there is no mentioning of 1.95 signups anywhere…

Any ideas?

update:
    This seems to be an issue exclusive to Firefox. I'm using 3.6.6 but using Safari 5 and clicking the link on the web hosting page I did get the $1.95 as advertised!

12. farzan1992
    Posted 4 years ago #

Just found the problem. This is happening because of cookies stored in your browser. I'm also using Firefox and got the same problem.

Just follow the following steps to solve the issue and get the $1.95 per month special promotional price:

1. On your Firefox web browser, Go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Show Cookies

2. There you will see the list of cookies stored in your browser.

3. In that list search for "DreamHost" and delete all those cookies which are named as "DreamHost".

4. Go to "wordpress.org/hosting/" and click on the DreamHost image which shows $1.95 per month.

5. Now you will see the $1.95 per month price.

I hope the above steps will help everyone in getting the $1.95 special promotional price of DreamHost offered by WordPress.

13. magykbuzz
    Posted 4 years ago #

Hello all, i just want to ask, when i was given the hosting plan by Dream Host it show 3 option. Do i need to pay for it direct for a year/two or every month ?

14. gabrielkonkle
    Posted 4 years ago #

I have tried it with multiple browsers and clearing all the cookies on my comp as well. No luck, that link just takes me to the Dreamhost front page for $8.95 hosting. What's the deal?

15. I think it would be better if this discussion were to continue on the DreamHost Discussion Forum:

http://discussion.dreamhost.com/

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic