WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

NextGEN Gallery
[resolved] 1.9.11 Compact View Skewered? (15 posts)

1. Fionavar
    Posted 1 year ago #

http://ucim.org/church/gallery-2/

Hi there,

Since upgrading, the compact view for the Galleries in the Album are no longer orderly. I have tried this in FF, IE and Chrome. Not sure what went happened, as the code look fine?

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-gallery/

2. Fionavar
    Posted 1 year ago #

I believe that the issue is a padding one. Is there anyway to adjust the padding so it fits better? I believe this is the CSS in question?

.ngg-album-compact {
    float: left;
    padding-right: 6px !important; <<<- and they are even forcing padding here which is crazy
    margin: 0px !important;
    text-align: left;
    width: 120px; <<<- can’t have width and padding right as on some browsers width ends up as 126px!
    }

3. southcreek
    Posted 1 year ago #

Same exact issue here.

4. southcreek
    Posted 1 year ago #

Just played with the numbers and got it to work by setting

padding-right: 12px

15px also worked
    10px did not

Tnx, Fionavar

5. Fionavar
    Posted 1 year ago #

Thanks southcreek! I had to change mine a little dramatically:

.ngg-album-compact {
    float:left;
    padding-right:16px !important;
    margin:0px !important;
    text-align:left;
    width:126px;
    }

6. southcreek
    Posted 1 year ago #

Mine broke again after adding more albums. I tried a variety of CSS settings and had no luck. I hope someone can get this figured out.

7. southcreek
    Posted 1 year ago #

Couple pics

Gallery1

Gallery2

8. Fionavar
    Posted 1 year ago #

Did you try playing with the width? I have heard several challenges about how CSS is used in this with fwiiw :?

9. southcreek
    Posted 1 year ago #

I did and similar adjustments to what you used, and it was ok until I added more albums. I then played with a variety of settings and could not fix it.

Does Support read these comments?

10. Fionavar
    Posted 1 year ago #

I wish I had an answer for you. The Theme Designer for the skin I am using has shared that experience is that some of the NextGen CSS is problematic.

11. southcreek
    Posted 1 year ago #

Thanks for the help. I see others are having the same issue so perhaps the developers will take notice.

12. southcreek
    Posted 1 year ago #

13. Fionavar
    Posted 1 year ago #

Agreed - I completely get the frustration I assume you have!

14. southcreek
    Posted 1 year ago #

I submitted a support ticket, so perhaps this will be resolved soon. It's the only issue I've found with the plugin and otherwise love the structure and ease of use. Sometimes these little quirks just slip by the developers until somebody mentions it. It happened with 1.19.11 and 1.9.12, and only when you reach a certain number of galleries. I'm not so sure in this case if it's just a CSS issue. There's something else forcing the block leading (space between rows) to stop calculating the proper values.

15. photocrati
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

@Fionavar & @southcreek + anyone else experiencing this issue, we have moved this thread to our sticky post here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/album-compact-display-no-longer-orderly

Would you both mind sending us a bug report with the information listed in our post? We'll need as much information as possible in order to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.