Support » Plugin: Timely All-in-One Events Calendar » 1.9.1 update wiped blog functions from admin

• Testing the plugin, updated to 1.9.1 via the popup alert in admin.
    Upon upgrade, Dashboard, Posts, Media and Comments links all disappeared from the menu column on backend.
    Functionality seems to still be there (i.e. dashboard shows up on login, can still publish posts, etc.), they are just no longer accesible from the menu.

In the plugin settings, there is a “Turn this blog into an events-only platform ” option, which seems to be quite similar to what happened to my site, yet this option is turned off and I never tried it.
    Complete removal of the plugin has not helped, which makes me believe some damage has been made to the database.

At least another user has experienced similar problems, and reported to timely support forum. We’ve had no response yet.

I’ve experienced this on an offline site in a very early stage of development so it’s not critical, but I’d love to know what happened to be able to trust this plugin for other sites.

Any tips would be most welcome.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-event-calendar/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Reistalled core wordpress file structure, and the problem persisted.
    Wiped database, and the problem dissapeared. I’ve been trying to recreate the issue again without success.

I’d recommend a safe DB backup before installation of this plugin (which should be standard procedure anyway), just in case.

I feel nontheless it’s quite disturbing I’ve had no answer to this issue from the plugin developer, either here or their main support forum.

I just had the same problem on my site and have spend the last 24hours trying to solve it with no luck. Really need some help with this and I cannot update anything on the site until this is solved.

Hi;
    I managed to locate my particular issue, but it was so specific to my blog that I highly doubt it will help anyone else with this problem.
    For the record, I tracked it down to a testing function I had in my functions.php. This should not have been live, but for some reason when I upgraded the plugin it was called (we might have used a too common name).

I’d suggest you try switching themes to default to bypass any rogue functions from your theme that might be in conflict with calendar; if this works, you should be able to track the function down to solve it.
    Good luck.

How do I go back to the default theme without having access to the theme tab in the admin side of WP? I renamed the folder of my current theme tab on ftp, but then the site loads totally blank.

Well, in my admin I could access any of the tabs; the issue is that I could not see the link on the left column menu. But the page is still there, so you should be able to access it via yourdomain/wp-admin/themes.php

If you cannot see it this way then I’d say you are having another issue entirely.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘1.9.1 update wiped blog functions from admin’ is closed to new replies.