WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Live comment preview 1.8 does not work (14 posts)

1. StehlingSA
    Posted 6 years ago #

1.8 does not work. 1.7 works fine on my setup, has been for about a year. I've tested 1.8 on Firefox and IE and it won't work with either. I've since reverted back to 1.7 and it's working fine. It's not a problem with the theme, I've checked that.

2. KirkM
    Posted 6 years ago #

I found the same problem. Upgraded to 1.8 and the plugin no longer works. I have version 1.7 if anyone needs it. Wonder if the new author checks the forum at all.

3. Brad Touesnard
    Posted 6 years ago #

Hey fellas,
    I just found a bug in 1.8 that only affects those who have WordPress files setup in a different directory than their site url. It's fixed in 1.8.1. Does it work for you now?

4. Jinxi
    Posted 6 years ago #

bradt,

I just installed 1.8.1 and it doesn't work on Cleaker 2.1 theme.

1.7 works just fine though.

5. Brad Touesnard
    Posted 6 years ago #

Try 1.8.2. Let me know if that fixed it.

6. StehlingSA
    Posted 6 years ago #

My wordpress files, admin page, all of it are on the same URL.

I'm not going to bother trying any updates. Version 1.7 works perfectly on my system and until there's a new feature that I would find useful, I won't update.

7. 52 Novels
    Posted 6 years ago #

Also broken with 1.8.2.

StehlingSA's got the right idea.

8. rauru-block
    Posted 6 years ago #

I tried 1.8.2 and noticed:
    It didn't work at all just after I upgraded the plugin.
    When I logged out, it suddenly began to show a pretty nice live preview.

It seems live-comment-preview.js assumes author and email textfields in the comment form. My comment form omitted these fields because I logged in as admin, so the javascript didn't work.
    I modified my custom theme to add author/email hidden fields so it works fine now. But I'd like to see this plugin working without such a trick.

9. giovanealex
    Posted 6 years ago #

1.8.2 is not working for me either - and I am not courageous enough to try to modify something on my theme's code. So, back to version 1.7. I'll wait for a more automated version of these new features. Hope it is released soon!

10. Zettt
    Posted 6 years ago #

Could someone please provide a download link for the old 1.7 version please?

11. pilgrimsprogress
    Posted 6 years ago #

Hi Zettt,

Yes, you can find the link by visiting here.

It lists all other versions, too, for those who're looking for them. I hope this helps. Best wishes!

12. Zettt
    Posted 6 years ago #

Many thanks.
    Another user here was so kind to email me the old version in the meanwhile.

13. SteelLlama
    Posted 6 years ago #

I'm also having problems with getting this plugin (all versions) to work. I opened up the php file on the latest version (1.8.2) to have a look around and noticed it brings up some javascript file (live-preview-comment.js or similar) that is not in the folder. Is it supposed to be there?

14. helmi
    Posted 6 years ago #

Unfortunately i got the same problem. Firebug throws out JS-Errors when typing. I temporarily disabled the plugin.

Any solutions yet?

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic