• Every time I upload an image using the new media popup I get this error but the image still appears in the gallery and can be used.

What does the error mean?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Thread Starter bradleyg

(@bradleyg)

anybody?

Same thing here. Any clue?

Same problem here as well. It shows in the “manage -> media library” but I cant insert it to a post.

Ditto!

the same problem when i use IE.

but when i use firefox, it is ok.

Same here. Problem in IE 7.0

Image uploads correctly but can only be viewed through Manage > Media Library.

Unable to see or insert uploaded images into the Post.

Yeah same here, Going to try firefox

Nope, dont work in firefox either, it does go through the download, but the image isn’t there at all.
    In IE I can use the image in manage->media library by copying and pasteing it in to the post

Ethel

(@cjane)

Whenever I tried uploading an image, I keep getting this message:

HTTP error.
    An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later.

Anyone else experience this?

I’m running on Firefox.

tedm

(@tedm)

Same here, getting ‘Specified file failed upload test.

Using IE 7:

When I click the ‘Add Media – Add An Image’ icon on the Write Post page I receive a browser error. Details show:

Line: 136
    Char: 2
    Error: Object Expected
    Code:0
    Url: <Root Url>/wp-admin/media-upload.php?post_id=18&type=image&

Continuing, I’m getting ‘Specified file failed upload test.” error on the image upload. I cannot click the ‘Show’ link’ though the image file name is shown. The Gallery link amount number increases and clicking it again shows the file name. Clicking ‘Media Library’ again shows the file name.

Manage > Media Library Shows the image and all links appear to work properly though I do not see the full path to the image anywhere. 🙁

tedm

(@tedm)

Using Firefox:

When I click the ‘Add Media – Add An Image’ icon on the Write Post page I do not receive a browser error.

Choosing the file upload it allows browsing for file, it uploads it and displays all the info.

However, when I click ‘Insert into Post’ the media window goes blank-white and the photo is not inserted in the post.

Manage > Media Library Shows the image and all links appear to work properly

pyrrho

(@pyrrho)

Same problem here, I’m afraid. In WP 2.5, I can see the uploaded images (without thumbnails), but I can’t insert them. I also get the “Specified file failed upload test”-message.

christian-s

(@christian-s)

@cjane: I get the same error
    “HTTP error.
    An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later.”
    when ever I try to upload a photo with the Media Manager. I’m also using FF 2.0.0.13.
    If anybody have a solution I would love to hear it.

At first I thought that maybe not all the files were uploaded correctly via FTP, but I’ve now done the transfer a few times and I’m pretty sure I have all the needed files on the server.

christian-s

(@christian-s)

De-activating Bad Behaviour helps. Now the multi upload of pictures works for me.

avinews

(@avinews)

maybe a stupid question, but De-activating ‘Bad Behaviour’.
    Bad Behaviour is a plugin?

By the way I have the same problems.. Vista with IE7, latest flashplayer… bla bla bla.. you know.

Uploading pics gives the same error as described, can’t select pics from the media library.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • The topic ‘Image Upload – “Specified file failed upload test.”’ is closed to new replies.