Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thread Starter allthewhile

(@allthewhile)

Okay this has something to do with my htaccess file I’m sure but I still can’t figure it out.

When I have problems with my htaccess file I delete the instructions for the permalinks (so it goes back to the ugly urls), update the htaccess, then reset the permalink structure. It usually straightens itself out by doing that.

Also, I noticed that with 1.5.2 when I clicked on Write Page, sometimes it defaulted and stayed at Write Post. So I would unwittingly make a post instead of a page. Check to see if you did that. (Yes, it sounds like a dumb move, but I admit, I did it a couple of times! LOL)

K

http://homedangers.com/category/children/, for example, appears to work, but there is some rule that also ‘traps’ /does-this-work/ and assumes no static pages are acceptable. Try to rewrite your rules. Let WordPress do it for you. Try variations with caution because you don’t want to break inbound links or confuse the crawlers and search engines.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘1.5.2 I create Pages but they don’t exist-they link to “category”’ is closed to new replies.